Perfect bite size blinis
This blini recipe makes bite-sized pancakes that result in perfect appetizers. Top blini with an egg, creme fraiche and caviar. Add a sprig of dill and they are sure to impress.
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup of milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon melted unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Combine flour, salt, and baking powder in a bowl.
- Whisk 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons of milk, egg, and 1 tablespoon of melted butter in a separate bowl. Mix into the flour mixture until the batter is fully combined.
Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Cooking several blini at a time, drop batter, one tablespoon at a time, onto the heated skillet. Cook until bubbles form, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Flip and continue cooking until brown, about 1 minute more. Move to a paper towel-lined plate to help soak up excess butter.
Repeat with the remaining batter.
(Recipe by Happykat)